Do you a passion to develop and coach staff? Do you have experience in mortgage underwriting and/or processing? We are looking for a service driven individual to add to our growing mortgage team. Join one of the leading mortgage lenders in Sioux Falls and help us achieve our vision of Helping People Live Better!
We are committed to seeing our staff develop personally, professionally and financially. Be a part of a passionate and caring organization, committed to helping our members live better. Great benefits include: health, vision, dental, paid time off, paid holidays and great day time hours, life insurance, long and short term disability, pension plan, 401(k) option, and many more!
In this position, you will be responsible for the supervision and operation of the mortgage processing teams. In addition, you will be responsible to learn and underwrite various types of Mortgage loans, including: home equity, portfolio, VA, FHA, RD, and South Dakota Housing loans. Other essential duties include:
- timely and accurate review of credit, income, insurance, property appraisals, AUS findings, etc.
- communicate with officers, processors, vendors, appraisers, investors, etc.
- ensure file documentations and parameters of mortgage loan comply with internal and secondary market guidelines and regulations
- report decisions and discuss findings of high risk loans with the Mortgage Manager
- take initiative to research and understand guidelines
- stay abreast of change regulations and adhere to credit union policies
- supervisory responsibilities include: interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems
Successful candidates will:
- Have a Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university or 3-5 years related mortgage underwriting experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Previous management experience required
- Strong Analytical, Problem Solving, Compliance and Time Management Skills
- Excellent Member Service, Interpersonal, Organizational and Team Skills
- Above Average Understanding of Credit Reports, Tax Returns, and other Mortgage Documents
EEO W, M, Disability or Veteran/ AAP
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Sioux Falls Federal Credit Union
Serving the Sioux Falls community since 1934, Sioux Falls Federal Credit Union is dedicated to building trusted relationships and helping our member-owners live better financially every day. We provide our members and employees with a commitment to quality and ongoing consideration of their success. We are a local organization offering modern, efficient consumer financial services, and seek motivated and outgoing individuals to help us achieve our daily service and sales objectives.
Are you looking for a long term opportunity that will allow you to develop personally, professionally and financially while working in an inviting and friendly environment? Join an organization with a solid, internal career development program.
Great benefits may include: Health, Dental, Vision, Paid Time Off, Volunteer Time Off, Employer Paid Life Insurance, Employer Paid Long & Short Term Disability, Paid Holidays, Pension Plan, 401(k) Option, and many more!
Company Website: www.siouxfallsfcu.org
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)